Hannah's Commercial

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Halloween

Well folks, you can see that I am relatively new to this blog thing and either can't or don't know how to put a blog in where it belongs chronologically after the fact. If you know how to do this, I would be grateful for info on how! This year Halloween was interesting. Even though I had been planning it for months (I remembered to bring Halloween decorations and trick-or-treat pumpkins from Del Rio) it somehow snuck up on me. It was the first time that we didn't do some theme as a family, and for that matter, the first time I didn't dress up. Last year we were Scooby Doo and friends, and the years before that, we stuck to the Wizard of Oz theme. It was also weird because for months Hannah had talked about being a Mermaid and I turned the town upside down to find the perfect costume. About twenty minutes before we were leaving the room, she decided that she wanted to be Dora because she had "Dora hair." This turned into a major deal and so I scraped up a quick Dora outfit. This year we only went trick-or-treating at about ten houses because it started raining a very cold rain. We had gotten tons of candy before hand at the Church's trunk-or-treat the weekend before and at the Fall Festival Halloween night. We didn't really have anywhere to display our pumpkins in the hotel here, so they just kind of sat on the counter. I had Japan on the brain as you can see from the design of my pumpkin.

No comments:

Christmas 08